Child Enrichment Calendar
“A map to guide your journey”
During a child's infancy, we know from developmental psychology that there are specific times when the baby capabilites are growing more than at other times. For example, Psychologist Jean Piaget's theories of cognitive development suggest that during a child's first 2 years she/he is in the 'sensorimotor' stage , in which :
- The infant knows the world through their movements and sensations.
- Children learn about the world through basic actions such as sucking, grasping, looking, and listening.
- Infants learn that things continue to exist even though they cannot be seen (object permanence).
- They are separate beings from the people and objects around them.
- They realize that their actions can cause things to happen in the world around them.
Astrology says that there are periods in the growing childs life when their developing capabilities will be accelerated with specific types of experiences. The Child Enrichment Calendar report tells a parent what type of experiential stimulus to provide , and when to do so, to help the infant's evolving mind and brain.
The calendar gives the dates for these types of activities:
|Developmental Stimulus||What To Do|
|Mental (Mercury)||Support perceptions with variety, cognition with ???|
|Social (Venus)||Form relationships, Express art/ subjective values|
|Assertion & Desire (Mars)||Express Desires, be physical, be assertive ...|
For example, if your the calendar lists March 20, 21 and 22 as when your baby's Social functioning is growing, bring them to a family dinner with the grandparents on one of those days, or expose them to music, or other arts in that time.
Or, if the Mental function is energized on a particular weekend, emphasize thinking and reading skills.
The Child Enrichment Calendar will help you help your child be the best baby, and person, they can be.